Characters Gone? Character Creation Denied?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Characters Gone? Character Creation Denied?

Post by Wyvern on 6/12/2013, 20:31

Hello Everyone!

I doubt anyone remembers who I am... I've been here on and off for awhile. Every time I go on hiatus and come back there's a new forum lol. Anywho; I got the Dec 2nd Client, bdata.grf, updated KRO/Renewal Client and the clientinfo.xml. as well as... the adata.grf + translations... I can log into the server but when I do my characters are all gone :< not to mention if I tried to create a new one I get a Character creation denied.

I saw others post in the New mou bugs thread that server is up and they can connect and I see it says someone is online at the connection menu. Just when I get in my characters are missing and I cant make a new one. So... what happens from here? I try another client? my client is too updated? Char server is down?  Thanks in advance!

-Wyvern
Wyvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Characters Gone? Character Creation Denied?

Post by Lothar Axe on 6/12/2013, 20:44

I suffered from the same problem and I solved it in a weird way, creating another character and in another "character screen". You know that in each screen you can have 3 characters, and there are up to 5 screens. If you have characters in two or more screens, it doesn't bug, but you cannot create a character if you have one of low level, so if you create a character and leave it in low lvl, your account is doomed. I'm not sure if it is exatly the same for you, but well, that's how that bug works for me.
I had my old accounts revived like that, and a new account I made ended up doomed because I made 3 characters in the same screen and left one as novice, then they disappeared and the game doesn't let me create another.
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 6/12/2013, 23:20

Hmm, so the characters exist, but they do not get listed when you log in?

Try sending me your username, so I can look if your characters do exist in the database, and for some reason they aren't being displayed in the client when they should.
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 6/12/2013, 23:30

LotharGC
That's the account I have with 3 characters that just don't appear.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyvern on 7/12/2013, 00:11

I haven't hit the post limit to send PMs Skot :< but would you like my username as well?
Wyvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 7/12/2013, 14:29

Just username then, wyvern. I guess... if you dont mind sharing that with the public. I didn't remember there was a post requirement before being able to send PMs :s

EDIT: Or, alternatively, give me a character's name, and that way I can check if it still exists (with the rest).
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 7/12/2013, 16:09

Wyvern wrote:I got the Dec 2nd Client, bdata.grf, updated KRO/Renewal Client and the clientinfo.xml.
Wait, that might actually be it. I haven't had any problems with the character selections with either of the 2013 files - but I never did update the client either.

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyvern on 7/12/2013, 18:14

Awwwww Heck it's fine! My username: Jonte.
Wyvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 8/12/2013, 16:33

I checked. Your account has 3 characters, around level 100, but for some reason they were not being displayed on the char select screen... which is totally weird since it worked fine for the two accounts I have.

I tried modifying a bit the char-server to make it closer to how rAthena behaves, and I think I got it fixed now. There is somebody online right now, so I can't restart to use the new char-server, but the update should kick in as soon as they log off Razz
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyvern on 9/12/2013, 01:34

It's all good! I can log in and see my chars ^^ Thanks a ton Skot!
Wyvern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on 9/12/2013, 08:17

Wao Skot fixed a problem!
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 9/12/2013, 13:06

I can see mine too. But now I must delete them, since I remade them in another account... and I think deletion isn't working.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 10/12/2013, 15:37

It seems deletion is borked in rAthena itself T_T; I... wonder how to work around this.

I don't want to make char deletion work right away without confirming anything. Hmm... looks like something else to add to the list. Though I wonder how important this is :S
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bbqctx on 10/12/2013, 16:48

Skotlex wrote:Though I wonder how important this is :S

Honestly, I assumed you made all the in game changes you did as a work around for this anyway.

1. You do have the character renaming NPC.
  2. and the the ability to changes classes on the fly.
  3. If someone gets stuck cause they picked bad stats and can't make zeny (for stat reset) they can de-level their characters with an NPC(FREE) or the Mobs with @diff(free) and farm low level monsters till they can pay for one.

Their is no way for someone to get stuck with something they don't like. At most its an annoyance if they mess up a character! If the annoyance ever did ever become an issue(it's not imo), all you would need to do is make re-stats free and call it a day. IMO.

bbqctx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 10/12/2013, 17:11

bbqctx wrote:If the annoyance ever did ever become an issue(it's not imo), all you would need to do is make re-stats free and call it a day.

Making them free would hardly be a solution.
However, making them cheaper would really be a relief. Though I really don't see any reason for that, since we have lots of nice people on the server who will pay your reset for you if you really messed up - I don't even see how that's possible... except maybe bow SNs. Skot, fix that ASPD - my priest casts ME faster than my SN fires a single arrow, which should say quite a lot.

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 10/12/2013, 18:39

My reason is simple: Cleaning.

Why keep something you're not going to use around? Characters still need names, I don't wanna see tons of useless characters using names for nothing.

And that reason is real. I just have 4 characters I don't need anymore, and I don't wanna hunt with them to get money to change their names into something that I'm sure people might not pick up (how can I be so sure?), so I don't use it. It's garbage, I think the option to clean that is the minimum.
Then let's say someone decides to go with weird names like ahskdalkshke and change everysingle character. I don't expect that to happen. People will just leave their useless characters with usefull names there cause it's painful to change it, and hey, name options gone because people can't just delete garbage on the fly. Grats.

I wont ask to put that as a priority though, it isn't.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 11/12/2013, 14:51

Yeah, it's something to fix when time allows. There are far more pressing matters at hand currently.
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum