Enlarge Weight Limit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Enlarge Weight Limit

Post by bbqctx on 3/12/2013, 03:33

I would consider making this an addition under all classes basic skills.
Or selling the Gym Pass Item and allowing use of the Iro Mechanic detailed here.
http://wiki.iro-gaming.net/index.php?title=Gym_Pass
Because of the increased amount of item drops the server offers, some sort of increase makes sense.

bbqctx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Enlarge Weight Limit

Post by Fruit Pie~ on 3/12/2013, 04:36

That's already in the game, though in a different form, IIRC. It's a bag item that improves your weight cap. It's sold in the mall.

Or so I remember.

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 167

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 3/12/2013, 09:21

I would rather ask for removing the 50% and 90% weight penalties, though I think that wasn't possible.
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 3/12/2013, 10:38

They're actually 50%, 75% and 90% penalties on mou.

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 3/12/2013, 10:53

Oh my.
Remove the 75% too!
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 3/12/2013, 12:47

Eh, I don't really bother with it, since I just drop everything into my storage for my bs to sell.

Meanwhile, time to see if I can do something about the skill descriptions being stupid...

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 3/12/2013, 15:09

The 90% overweight thing cannot be dealt with, it was hardcoded into the client last time I checked.

I personally would have done well enough without it (I mean, not something as critical as being unable to attack), but alas, it just cannot be dealt with.

I am trying to fix all main bugs before going back to updating skill descriptions, Rogem :S
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 3/12/2013, 15:27

The problem is walking slower and having diminished hp/sp regen, that's really annoying depending on your character.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bbqctx on 3/12/2013, 16:46

Fruit Pie~ wrote:That's already in the game, though in a different form, IIRC. It's a bag item that improves your weight cap. It's sold in the mall.

Or so I remember.
No can find anyone know exact location of this?

Yeah my dancer has, 3400w,
so 1700 weight is 50% to max.
50 white Potions is 25% of my weight.
Armor is 10% and I don't have on a full set yet.
All that leaving me with 15% for other.

Though I did not know about the "treasure Box" for anywhere storage rogem. I had looked for a command, so I didn't realize it was an item. So that will help a lot.

EDIT:Never-mind, the box is not working for me. Sad

bbqctx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 4/12/2013, 02:17

All accessories should be available at the Mall. That's the sack he was talking about.

Hmm, the Treasure Box which is supposed to open the storage from afar is not working? I have to fix that, too, then.

Also, it does seem to be a problem with weight capacity... or would it really be more about the weight of white potions? Hell, it's been so long since I last played RO I can't even remember if I carried items with my dancer x_x; I think I was just using a vitata card with most characters. :S

Also, gears while equipped only weight half their actual weight, so I would hope that would make up in part for the weight capacity problem.

Curious how previously the complain was that it was too easy to hit the cap of 9999....
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 4/12/2013, 10:30

Don't consider min/max people as the mass man... I represent the casual people who don't care about numbers, so I never reach cap of anything (like money).
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 4/12/2013, 11:26

50 White Potions is ~50k of HP restoration without potion pitcher taken into account. If you wanna get more of them in your bag, grab Condensed Potions from your friendly neighborhood alchemist - or get more STR. In any case, pots won't be a big thing in later levels. You're going to want high DEF and MDEF, accompanied by high HP and SP regen.

Besides, on MouRO, I recall that at 50% weight cap, you get only 50% reduced regens and slightly slower movement speed. This hasn't bothered neither my ninja nor my HP, both carrying 300~500 stones, full equips and the crap that they've looted all over the place.

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 4/12/2013, 12:01

Your Ninja, that is.
Edit
and your HP*

Last edited by Lothar Axe on 4/12/2013, 14:32; edited 1 time in total
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 4/12/2013, 13:53

Rogem wrote: ... nor my HP, ...
I guess you missed it.

Edit: I just noticed that casting Heal on injured people gives you J.Exp. (about 1:1 with the points healed)

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 4/12/2013, 14:33

Yeah, the way so supportive classes keep going up nice.

No, really, should I beg like: "Please have mercy upon me and remove the 50% and 75% penalties."?
I mean, I don't care about the 90% since it's like: "Hey, time to return to town, now!", so it's all right. But the others are a pain in the ass, mostly for first classes.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 4/12/2013, 14:41

How about this: Move the effect of 50% weight cap to 65%, and that of 75% to 80%?

OR!

Instead of just boosting your weight cap, Enlarge Weight Limit (or whatever it was called) now also reduces the capping penalties by 3% per skill level.

And the J.Exp is kind of useless. 1k at level 70 = 0.1% of a mobkill.

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 4/12/2013, 15:40

Hmm.... but the penalty just starts being calculated at 50% weight. It's not that you get 50% slower HP/SP regeneration the moment you hit 51%. It'll be more like 2% slower regeneration for every point above 50%.

Is potions the only way one is getting healed in this case? How frequently are they used? It wouldn't be a problem if they get depleted as you get items.

I once reduced the base weight of potions because of this (in part), should I perhaps reduce them further? Or actually it's expected that white potions would be this heavy?

There are reasons why things are that way. All though I do realize it can be inconvenient if you try to heal yourself a particular way (specially because of the costs involved with potions).

I am not sure what to do, or if anything should be done. I can't just say "carry less potions," can I? And due to the way items can be spammed in RO, the more healing items you can carry, the more "immortal" you can be. If items had some kind of usage cooldown (longer than the current 1-sec) so that you can't really spam them at all, then it wouldn't be a problem to make them weight peanuts. :s
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 4/12/2013, 16:16

Can you make them apply a reduced healing debuff? Like, you could spam them, but they'd be only 50% as effective if you're using one more often than every 5-10 seconds?

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 4/12/2013, 16:39

Why carry more potions if their effectiveness is lowered? So you last longer when hunting? What about the endless healing items that drop all the time? I think it's better to have things that work hard since in MouRO sometimes (many times) monsters just cast something that can almost instantly kill you (or they mob you so hard you have to spam all your healing items to survive that encounter, and that happens all the time), than have things that work meh and don't keep you alive when you really need it.

Face reality before suggesting that, MouRO is a freaking hell, any Nerf right now will result into frustration.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 4/12/2013, 19:45

I'd like to recommend nerfing the mobs a little, as well.

Like, remove Water Ball from the mobs' possible skills, or make it work like for players (no water, no 6000% MATK). There was some other skill that was pretty imba, but I can't remember what it was. To demonstrate how imbalanced Water Ball for mobs is right now, my Ninja who has 73 + 102 MDEF and 20% water damage reduction lost 60% of his HP in a single cast of Water Ball in Coal Mine. That is, roughly 4000 damage to HP and about 18,500 raw damage. IIRC, Earthquake has *very* similar player-destroying properties.

Also, reduced flee rates on mobs seems more than reasonable. As is, with a fresh physical damage class, it's almost impossible to just hit those mobs. For example, on my AGI/DEX/VIT built crusader about 30 ~ 40% of my hits land on a mob of the same level at best.

Expecting new players to grab Phreeoni card and ridiculously high MDEF like I've done, just so that they can level to 150, is just plain stupid and will make it even less likely that we get more players.

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bbqctx on 4/12/2013, 20:39

Lothar Axe wrote:Why carry more potions if their effectiveness is lowered? So you last longer when hunting? What about the endless healing items that drop all the time? I think it's better to have things that work hard since in MouRO sometimes (many times) monsters just cast something that can almost instantly kill you (or they mob you so hard you have to spam all your healing items to survive that encounter, and that happens all the time), than have things that work meh and don't keep you alive when you really need it.

Face reality before suggesting that, MouRO is a freaking hell, any Nerf right now will result into frustration.

The idea scenario is that I leave town with a few pots and start killing. By the time I run out of pots I have saved up enough healing items from drops to keep going an equal amount of time. Potions are not a big deal for me...

What does stop me is the need to return to town to...unload. I base this frustration on a time scale. By that I mean, I judge my frustration by how often I have to go back to town per hour.
Sometimes I'm out for 10 min and its back to town. Other times when the drops are slow it might be 30-40 minutes.
All I wanted was to make it possible to be out for at least a minimum of 20 minutes on a non str character.

That said, I have  learned that the 'Treasure box' item is intended to relive this very frustration and is already in game. However, this item is currently not working for me. Perhaps I'm missing an update or need a different client? Regardless, storage issues have been addressed I just need to be able to use the mechanics that have been implemented.

As far a monster strength goes.... I say lets see if it cant be over come with gear.
One of the mechanics of the server is to be able to change the difficulty.  So farming for money and items can still take place if you get stuck unable to level. I personally don't consider getting stuck an immediate issue as long as I can get unstuck. It might turn out to be the most charming part of the server having something to overcome.

I do worry about having to deal with so many different element types, but I'm still holding off judgement till I have played a bit longer.

bbqctx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum