Re: New Mou Bugs

Post by Rogem on 3/12/2013, 19:23

It works fine for me.

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 3/12/2013, 20:00

Well, doesn't matter for me. If I stick with the old without activating /aura everything is fine, I can live with that.

@Edit1:
So, for some random reason it works for me now. I did nothing different that just trying again, who knows the heck. Actually I used the new zipped file, but it's supposed to be the same thing.

Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 6/12/2013, 15:32

Okay, fixed the palette issue. It took a while to figure out which class's palette set I could just copy to all others. It's probably not going to look as pretty for all classes, but at least there shouldn't be any more black silhouette issues. Have to update the adata.grf to fix this.

I didn't get any crashes when selling unidentified gears, no matter what I tried. Is this bug still present? And why does it not happen to me? :S Maybe if you gave me a specific gear/class combination example? I checked with a few of my chars, and all the unidentified junk I had worked just fine.

Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bbqctx on 6/12/2013, 16:21

Dexterity

• Increases base attack (ranged weapons)
  • Slightly increases attack speed
  • Increases HIT by 1 each
  • Increases FLEE by 0.5 each
  • Reduces skill cast times
  • Slightly reduces min~max Magic Attack
  • Raises spell delay (never above 100%)
I have been doing some testing on my gypsy and it seems like dex is behaving like str and reducing my attack speed instead of raising it. Is this intended?

bbqctx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hochsin on 6/12/2013, 16:31

If I can remember, it is. It reduces aspd if you use bow/whip/musical instrument/guns which bases its dmg around dex.

Hochsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 6/12/2013, 23:21

Likely, str and dex get inverted for most base equation for those weapon types.

for Serveriskill?, I remember something I read a long time ago on RMS which spoke of problems running RO in a machine where it was never installed before. Have you read through this post and tried the solutions outlined within?

It's probably not the same, but... anything is worth a shot :S

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 7/12/2013, 02:33

Found another item called Frist Sword that gives an error just like the Toy Shield (that is still causing problems).
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? on 7/12/2013, 02:45

and i though that we made crazy suggestions skot.... well here goes for nothing if i not answer or edit this post assume i toasted my pc beyond help, but sacrifices are all for the cause...leroooooooooooyy jeeeeeeeeeeeeeenkiiins!

PS: meh same result (yup i tried everything minus the goat sacrifice), i think ill just format my pc, i got backup of everything, hand to work!!!

serveriskill?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 7/12/2013, 14:31

No need... there IS something wrong, I just dont know what it is! One of my friends wanted to play RO since a long time.... and yesterday when she finally got all downloaded, she gets a blank error box when launching the client :/ And she's most likely not going to reformat and reinstall Windows to get it fixed.

If only I could reproduce the bug, then I would be able to research where's the cause. I am redownloading RO to see if I can trigger the bug from a fresh install of a newer RO version, but it is going to take a while before I finish downloading.
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? on 7/12/2013, 15:20

well i had planned the format anyway, i haven't done one since 2011 so its about time Razz

serveriskill?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 7/12/2013, 19:25

I fixed a bunch of stuff, more info at the website.

I think, two things I want to prioritize currently are:
- updating the item database to display the correct number of slots (somewhat hard, as I need to write a lua script to read from an SQL database and then update another lua file, namely: itemInfo.lub).
- update the skill description files to correct things like skill levels for skills that had them changed, as well as descriptions (long and tedious).
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 8/12/2013, 04:45

Another thing to prioritize would be fixing Guild Storages. When anyone retrieves an item from one, the entire server crashes, yeah, everyone gets disconnected.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 8/12/2013, 12:22

Free Hugs For Everyone: Let's call crashes hugs from now on. That way it will sound less violent.

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 8/12/2013, 14:30

I didn't know that. At least I must have missed it from the list of bugs in this thread :S
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? on 8/12/2013, 14:41

update on my bug....after the format of my pc, i run the mou client, and this time (besides the small window error) i got this error: cannot init d3d or the grf files has problem:

serveriskill?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 8/12/2013, 15:25

Hmm, shouldn't that problem mean that the RO setup is missing? Did you run the open_setup and selected a graphic mode?
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 8/12/2013, 16:12

Man, that guild storage bug was the weirdest thing ever. It also consumed most of my morning x_x;

For some reason, the logging function was crashing while parsing the map name. Except, under the debugger and in my machine, it all worked correctly. After endless tries, compiles and server restarts, I managed to make the problem go away by switching the order of arguments and placing the map name at the beginning (before the char id, item amount, id, cards, etc).

Granted, this seems to be some kind of bug at the core libraries in the server, or something more nefarious is lurking within the server's code... neither choice appeals me that much :s I hope nothing else suspiciously breaks. :/
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 8/12/2013, 16:22

Whoa, that's creepy. But glad it's fixed. Now I think most of the bugs that make the server almost unplayable are gone.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? on 8/12/2013, 16:49

IT WORKED, I-M IN THE SERVER WOOO IM SO HAPPY!!!1

ps:(bad news i lost my characters t.t) skooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
ps2: well my chars are back but my merchant class chars don-t have carts, but when i talk to the npc to rent one, it treats me as i have one...help :X

serveriskill?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 8/12/2013, 21:11

It's a known bug. The cart is not displaying for "some reason." I tried for a while, but I couldn't get it to work, so I moved on to more pressing bugs :S

But... a windows reinstall fixed it? Now this makes me wonder if the problem might not have been OLD registry keys from an older RO install, rather than new ones... because, frankly, it makes no sense :S

I did try downloading the most recent RO available from RMS, and delete all registry files before installing Mou, and it worked right. I am gonna have to try asking my friend to delete the RO registry files to see if it makes any difference :S
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hochsin on 9/12/2013, 00:00

Body Relocation: Using Body Relocation doesn't update my position. That means if I keep standing still, it seems like I didn't move at all. If I move, I will then be moved to that new position Very Happy

Hochsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? on 9/12/2013, 01:02

right now i got a problem with my friends, we are getting an overwhelming lag around this time (getting really unstable) and getting not only a delay ( from slight to a delay of 20 seconds)

PS:this lag issue started to happen about 20 minutes ago.

serveriskill?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 11/12/2013, 17:55

o_O lag... I would blame the host? Normally it is all right. How long did the lag problem persisted? O_O; In the past lag issues were seldom a problem.

Anyway, I updated the itemInfo.lua file, now you can see the correct number of slots for all equipment.
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? on 11/12/2013, 19:38

it's ocassional around 1 hour last at most, it happens at least once a day as we have percieved with my buddies.

serveriskill?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogem on 12/12/2013, 00:20

Skot, please fix the SN bow base ASPD. It is way too low.

I know, I'm such a whiney ass about this.

Rogem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? on 12/12/2013, 00:38

also the cart visual bug... i'ts no vital but having cart on merchant class characters help a lot, thank in advance Smile

Last edited by serveriskill? on 12/12/2013, 00:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to say ty)

serveriskill?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bbqctx on 12/12/2013, 05:42

Newest Iteminfo is causing errors for me.

ERROR
CitemInfoMgr
     attempt to calla nil value
                  [OK]

bbqctx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by serveriskill? on 13/12/2013, 14:02

same for me, the new iteminfo makes all my inventory items become apples and a spam of errors

PS: had to use the old one to fix it.

serveriskill?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum