General Suggestion

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Suggestion

Post by Loki on 26/8/2012, 11:35

We're starting back from square one. As usual, after 50 pages we make a new thread.

In all seriousness, we need to make time for Skot.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Suggestion

Post by Lothar Axe on 26/8/2012, 14:43

All right, in the last General Suggestions thread we were discussing about Card Combos, if they were ok as they are now or if they should be improved and how, and I had posted a first one to start it. Thankfully I wrote down it somewhere else before posting and so I have it back:

Archer - Bard Combo:
Cards:
- Merman (Footgear): HP and SP Recovery + 10%.
- Cruiser (Weapon): +10% critical damage. +7 Crit on Brute.
- Anolian (Armor): 2%+(0.3xKnownSkillLV) chance to autocast L10 Attention Concentrate when attacked.
- Alligator (Accessory): -5% Long Range Physical damage received.
- Dragon Tail (Garment): +1 AGI. +10 Flee. +5% Double Strafing and Arrow Shower Damage.
- Green Ferus (Footgear): +1 Vit. +10% MaxHP.

Archer Combo (If Merman):
+20% Long Range Damage.
+5 Agi
+3 Dex
+20% Perfect Hit
[Archer Class]
+5% EXP from Brute monsters.
+1% Coma chance on Brute monster on attack. (1% was checked on @info, but the card says ??%)

Bard Combo (If Green Ferus):
+5 Dex
+5% Arrow Vulcan damage.
+10% Musical Strike/Throw Arrow damage.
[Bard, Dancer, Clown, Gypsy]
+5% chance to autocast Lv2 Tarot Card of Fate on target when attacking. (Doesn't work)

These combo can be stacked in the following ways:
Archer + Archer -> Double all cards.
Bard + Bard -> Double all cards.
Bard + Archer -> Just get all cards once, wich means Green Ferus and Merman.
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on 28/8/2012, 06:21

Skot, did you write down my Arrow Shower suggestion?
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 28/8/2012, 10:04

The only suggestion I have written down regarding Arrow Shower was a request to allow it to be used with instruments.

I still prefer the old behaviour where you target enemies with it instead of the ground >_>
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 28/8/2012, 10:12

Was it about giving Arrow Shower a "Desperado" damage behavior?

Edit:
Yeah, targeting enemies is a lot better, even more since Arrow Shower shoots from the ground to the enemy as it is now wich is pretty much nonsense, sometimes you don't even push enemies from you. And Arrow Shower could be the best AoE damage for Bards and Hunters if made well. If I remember well it was me who asked for it to be used with instruments since Bards just (just like that) lack a decent AoE spell. You ain't gonna tell me to stay relying on Arrow Vulcan whose AoE is lame (just like that) if not impossible to use, and Dissonance wich is lame (just like that) as a skill itself. As for Hunters, the only AoE would be Sharp Shooting wich is a line skill just like Arrow Vulcan (still a lot better), but isn't THAT AoE you know.

Of course Arrow Shower should keep the pushing effect, wich I think would be great for bards, maybe essential, since Bards must keep a certain distance between what melee and ranged must, wich is really hard to keep just with Musical Strike and Pang Voice.

Edit2: Still I do have some ideas for Dissonance if you ask. Actually I will tell them anyway. I thought about Dissonance giving a different use for Musical Strike and Pang Voice while active, how so? Easy, while using Dissonance Musical Strike hits everything in Dissonance Area (just like an instant DIssonance hit with Musical Strike damage) and Pang Voice affects everything in Dissonance Area. OP? Just compare to other classes and you will see how lame it still is, but I guess Bards would cry with joy just to have such a thing.

The idea for this suggestion is cause Dissonance is pretty much the solo battle song of Bards, and I don't see why we cannot have a Battle Mode for Bards, actually they need one. I also hate how Bards don't have Sound Damage skills except for Dissonance (Just to remember both Arrow Vulcan and Musical Strike use arrows), I think that Musical Strike-Dissonance relation would fix the shit at once.

Edit3: Actually, keeping my edition/suggestion streak, I will honestly suggest here to completelly remove Arrow Vulcan casting time.

"Oh no wait, blasfemy! That like typing Power Overwhelming in Starcraft!!"

Just check it's animation, the thing alone is the most awesome lazier cooldown of the game. Seriously, compare Minstrel's damage with Soul Linker's Esma damage, if you remove Arrow Vulcan casting Esma is still better. But hey, with all the proposed changes above and Arrow Vulcan casting removal, I guess Bards/Dancer/Minstrel/Gypsies soloing problems will be aaaaaaall over. Not only that actually, seriously, I can imagine an awesome enjoyable fighting style that way.

Ok, I stop here. You know... I've been keeping for a long time since forums closed. Sorry. Rolling Eyes
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on 29/8/2012, 19:01

Skot, you forgot some of the most important things for the forums.

• Link to the website
  • Start up guide
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 30/8/2012, 08:40

The start-up guide? Isn't that in the game itself in the novice grounds?

Or we had some sort of start-up guide in the forums? I don't remember it o.o

The link to the website is on the bottom of the forums D:' I didn't find a way to add a forum-direct-link to it :/

Yeah, these forums are somewhat limited compared to zetaboards... but what can ye do x_x;
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on 30/8/2012, 11:17

More like a thread where the newbies can find all the links for the clients and stuff
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 30/8/2012, 12:12

That's what the website has... the how to install page O.O;
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on 1/9/2012, 07:27

Screw it Skot. I was high.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol on 1/9/2012, 07:49

dont make excuses for your reduced mental capacity
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squishyyy on 1/9/2012, 15:43

Lothar Axe wrote:
Edit3: Actually, keeping my edition/suggestion streak, I will honestly suggest here to completelly remove Arrow Vulcan casting time.
how about making arrow vulcan use a corridor effect similar to sharpshooting instead?
"Oh no wait, blasfemy! That like typing Power Overwhelming in Starcraft!!"

Just check it's animation, the thing alone is the most awesome lazier cooldown of the game. Seriously, compare Minstrel's damage with Soul Linker's Esma damage, if you remove Arrow Vulcan casting Esma is still better. But hey, with all the proposed changes above and Arrow Vulcan casting removal, I guess Bards/Dancer/Minstrel/Gypsies soloing problems will be aaaaaaall over. Not only that actually, seriously, I can imagine an awesome enjoyable fighting style that way.
I have to look at those other changes again, but usually if you get a bard link and can buff yourself all the way with bragi/strings you can get some nice ACD for AV which is almost better.
Ok, I stop here. You know... I've been keeping for a long time since forums closed. Sorry. Rolling Eyes

Squishyyy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 1/9/2012, 23:25

Squishyyy wrote:how about making arrow vulcan use a corridor effect similar to sharpshooting instead?
Slow. Bards must be faster, agile, annoying, just like Ninjas. That's why I suggested removing cast. Not only that, Arrow Vulcan is "casted" while active, you know, they shoot the arrows one by one. And more, having a corridor skill with cast will be a shit, since mobs move and so monster lines.

I have to look at those other changes again, but usually if you get a bard link and can buff yourself all the way with bragi/strings you can get some nice ACD for AV which is almost better.
Well, that's what we have know, but it's no fun.
Bards aren't fun as they are. Spamming AV isn't fun, isn't flexible, it's like playing Issen Ninja. Do you need any other skill? Naw.
Game isn't only about how much damage you do and how much you kill, the gameplay must be enjoying. Anytime I see something as a "One Skill Class" I freak out and ideas flourish to fix it. Not only this, Bards are Battle support classes, they must have more skill interactions, more effects. A casted 9999 damage skill doesn't fit them at all.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol on 2/9/2012, 04:21

Vitriol wrote:dont make excuses for your reduced mental capacity
Vitriol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 2/9/2012, 17:42

Vulcan Arrow already hits enemies in its path... and from what I recall, the cast time is pretty low already.

If anything, the real bug for Bard and Dancers is "they need a party." I still don't like much the idea of having a support class like them be able to do good damage x_x
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 2/9/2012, 21:16

Skotlex wrote:If anything, the real bug for Bard and Dancers is "they
need a party." I still don't like much the idea of having a support
class like them be able to do good damage x_x
Then teach us how to bot.
I've even suggested you a way for them to do some more damage by sacrificing supporting, and that's what I read.

And more:
Skotlex wrote:Vulcan Arrow already hits enemies in its path...
O'really? Joke more.
Try hitting enemies in a path in a battlefield just once, and you will understand the joke in your affirmation.

Come on Skotlex, just tell me: "I don't wanna do it, it's too laborous, and fuck you with your suggestions" instead of that polite crap.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol on 2/9/2012, 23:56

i am the god of bots.
Vitriol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on 3/9/2012, 04:09

About Arrow Shower, I think it would be more suitable if it was AoE and had knock back effects like Lord of Vermilion. IMO an AoE suits Arrow 'Shower' better than clicking on a single enemy.
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 3/9/2012, 09:32

Uh... Lord of Vermillion has no knockback. What are you talking about? Do you mean something like Storm Gust?

Hmm... is Vulcan's Arrow path too short? It should have a range of 3 cells... (of course, it has been a while since I last played with these characters). I thought that was wide enough considering the animation of the skill.

I think arrow shower SHOULD push enemies away from the caster, regardless of whether it targets the ground or the enemy. If I recall correctly, the problem is calculating the knockback direction when the skill is an AOE. I would have to look back on it.
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on 3/9/2012, 13:57

Yeah Storm Gust. Shows how long I haven't touch the game Pif
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 7/9/2012, 20:53

Ol'right I've got nothing to do so:
Hey, let's talk about Issen again (NOT AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!) yeaaaaah, we are at it again.

Oh, don't forget the suggestions I made about bards before, I was serious about them.

All right, Issen suggestions ended up with these ideas (I just made up their names):

Choose-your-destiny Mode: Issen becomes a sort of Blade Grasp that costs a Busin-Jyutsu buff. It will work just like Blade Grasp by blocking melee enemy attacks and grabbing it. What about the skills that can be casted while using Blade Grasp? All skills allowed with some new features:
First, all your casting time is removed, so any spell casted while blocking the enemy will be instant, and Kiri-Kage, or Shadow Slash, won't need the hiding effect to be used. There is more, the skill will keep that effect for the next Skill.Lvl skills, wich means you can cast a combo of anything against the target after using Issen. Of course the blocking effect should wear off after the first skill used, so for the next ones you're vulnerable to anything. The suggested max lvl for Issen is 5. So: Five Shadow Slashs in a row? 5 Kouenkas without cast? A mix of magic and melee? You name it, just finish of your target without mercy the way you want.
Skeptic-Rocker: "What's good about this?"
Master: "Issen turns out to be an awesome finishing skill that works with any build and can pretty much reach an Ashura damage with no problem. You can also cast the AoE spells against the target and hey, AoE Ashura!
What are the serious requirements? First, Issen would need Busin-Jyutsu as a pre-requisite skill, and the skill should be limited to 5 lvls, that's all."

Onimusha Mode
: Adapted from a FF Tactics-like GBA RPG wich shares a battle command with the same name, Issen. The thing is simple, just like the one above Issen becomes a Blade Grasp-like skill wich makes you block the enemy attack. But when you block the attack, you instantly returns an attack based on your remaining HP%, wich would be 10*Lvl*LostHP%, wich means that at skill lvl 10 and with an HP lower than 1% you cause 9990 damage, and yeah, this attack will trepass any kind of defense.
"So uh?"-Rocker: "Well, kind of nice but you have to be damaged uh?"
Master: "Come on Rocker, that's not all.
In that hit your character moves to the cell behind the enemy, and if there is any enemy in that cell... the skill activates again! Wich means that you can chain this shit in a mob!
What's good on it? Well, it's a nice Nerf!"

Blade-Time Mode
(NEW STUFF): More simple impossible. The skill works like a Blade-Grasp (Oh shit, moar blade-grasp?) wich paralyzes whoever attacks for some time.
Angry Rocker: "But hey, that's just another Blade-Grasp!"
Nice Master: "Be patient angry one. I've said paralyzes and not blocks. Yes, only the enemy is paralyzed, so you're free to attack it for that time without retaliation!!!"
Fucking Angry So-uh Skeptical Rocker: "IN PRACTICE ISN'T THIS JUST LIKE THE FIRST SUGGESTION?!!!"
Nice Master: "Be patient angry and lots more one, it means that while you attack the enemy can't do a shit, differently from the first one wich you do the thing fast, but the enemy still can do something. So it's not the same!"

And that's all, thanks for reading.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol on 25/9/2012, 00:33

remove the catalyst req from the throw stone and throw venom knife skill
Vitriol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol on 25/9/2012, 00:34

allow permanent skill memo for rogues!
Vitriol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 25/9/2012, 09:28

Throw Venom Knife has no requirements if you use daggers (the idea being you are throwing your equipped dagger).

Pick Stone can pick five stones on a go... I see no reason to remove the catalyst requirement Surprised (those stones weight pretty much nothing anyway).
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol on 25/9/2012, 16:39

its just inconvenient and pointless to have pick stone
Vitriol

View user profile

Back to top Go down