Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Failure on 10/10/2012, 02:37

vitriol wrote:true. but you speak of an ideal situation. the reality is that if they want a decent build, they have to at least have an idea of what the stats might do, and then use @option to figure out a build.

And, again, this is not something a casual server should have you be doing. This is hunt-and-peck typing but for stat builds. It's something fundamentally flawed with Mou's documentation and mechanics, and needs fixing.

Failure

Posts : 39
Join date : 2012-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 10/10/2012, 02:39

Fruit Pie~ wrote:

Go back to the post where I talked about "instant cast no delay spells". Holy Light is an instant cast, no delay spell with the equivalent of magical EDP.

With the right - and completely, completely off the wall nobody could guess it except by chance - combination of ASPD gear, holy light/magic damage gear and all the INT your stat points can possibly afford, you have the game's most powerful single target DPS caster.

It's a combination of mechanics that allow you to play a supposedly supportive class as some sort of ridiculous gish healer/caster that takes eight seconds to heal a small bit (INT DMR, upwards of 200% cast time) and two seconds to down someone with the Ion Cannon (DMR doesn't apply to all the mods at once if you use enough of them, and Holy Light has a LOT of damage mods, as well as firing like a machinegun).

It's unintended and would be unbalanced if there wasn't widely available armor that literally heals you for 9999 every time Shinkuu Holy Light hits you and a long buff that makes you immune to Turn Undead, and one of the prime examples of all clashing mechanics coming together for one large assault on gameplay.
this entire discussion is about newbies having difficulties making builds. since when do newbies need to compete with 10k holy lights in a pvp setting?

Vitriol

Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by to3phu on 10/10/2012, 02:43

Vitriol wrote: when i posited that example, i was actually thinking of a priest build. ie. why put any points into int when you can get max heal by equips, and fast cast from dex?



Cause heal has a high ass base matk % not to mention you get a tiny bit of matk with agi, and weapon attack which is actually important for magic classes. And on top of that your rod's matk %



(I like to see someone and try to kill my priest)

to3phu

Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Failure on 10/10/2012, 02:47

Vitriol wrote:this entire discussion is about newbies having difficulties making builds. since when do newbies need to compete with 10k holy lights in a pvp setting?

You have missed everything, and learned nothing.

Failure

Posts : 39
Join date : 2012-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by to3phu on 10/10/2012, 02:52



Ya know all this time arguing about this, someone could of written a nice newbie hand book....just sayin'
avatar
to3phu

Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-08-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 10/10/2012, 02:53

Failure wrote:
vitriol wrote:true. but you speak of an ideal situation. the reality is that if they want a decent build, they have to at least have an idea of what the stats might do, and then use @option to figure out a build.

And, again, this is not something a casual server should have you be doing. This is hunt-and-peck typing but for stat builds. It's something fundamentally flawed with Mou's documentation and mechanics, and needs fixing.
and again you speak of an ideal (which is not likely to be implemented for another year or so, if at all)
reality: mouro is currently not at all casual. if somebody wants to play on it right now, then there are certain things that they should do (ie. read the documentation since they are unlikely to get ingame help) which are not casual. all of your suggestions have been made repeatedly over the past year, and no changes have been made. so you can continue making the same suggestions, but they are not very useful to newbs unless somebody actually implements these suggestions. meanwhile, this newbie is playing mouro right now, not in your fantasy future. the irony is that all of your suggestions have been less useful than mine (except for tophus practical post) for new players.
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Fruit Pie~ on 10/10/2012, 02:53



It's called an "example", Vitriol. As I said, "the prime example of a mish mash of mechanics coming together to ruin gameplay". This stuff is everywhere.

And it makes no sense from any direction you look at it - it's impossible to find out unless you randomly stumble upon it, takes completely absurd clashing gear, features bizarre stat distribution and skill choices and, most importantly, has a counter that's just as unintuitive and limiting.

This isn't just the HL build. It's everything. All of it. Look at Tofu's Gunslinger build! MouRO is a game of extremes, and those extremes require dumb blind luck to find because the game doesn't help you, the docs are pretending to help you and nobody writes a general help thing (save for Tofu's one post). How this is casual or newbie-friendly is beyond me.

But you won't see it. You probably have your reasons like "I don't want Skotlex to dumb down the server" but you just won't be convinced that this is supremely obtuse to people who are used to it, let alone to first timers.

I figure you'll never change, even when you are actually trying to argue and "help" and not posting trannies.

EDIT : Also, your suggestion is "go bot or get out", which I'm sure is helping the newbie. Here's my suggestion to you - skip the bot part. Get out.


Last edited by Fruit Pie~ on 10/10/2012, 02:56; edited 1 time in total

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 167
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 10/10/2012, 02:54

Failure wrote:
Vitriol wrote:this entire discussion is about newbies having difficulties making builds. since when do newbies need to compete with 10k holy lights in a pvp setting?

You have missed everything, and learned nothing.
how so? the discussion is in the context of a newbie having trouble at diff 1. fruit starts talking about 10k holy lights, which are irrelevant to newbies. it may demonstrate a fault in the game design, but thats not what this topic is about.
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 10/10/2012, 03:02

Fruit Pie~ wrote:

It's called an "example", Vitriol. As I said, "the prime example of a mish mash of mechanics coming together to ruin gameplay". This stuff is everywhere.

And it makes no sense from any direction you look at it - it's impossible to find out unless you randomly stumble upon it, takes completely absurd clashing gear, features bizarre stat distribution and skill choices and, most importantly, has a counter that's just as unintuitive and limiting.

This isn't just the HL build. It's everything. All of it. Look at Tofu's Gunslinger build! MouRO is a game of extremes, and those extremes require dumb blind luck to find because the game doesn't help you, the docs are pretending to help you and nobody writes a general help thing (save for Tofu's one post). How this is casual or newbie-friendly is beyond me.

But you won't see it. You probably have your reasons like "I don't want Skotlex to dumb down the server" but you just won't be convinced that this is supremely obtuse to people who are used to it, let alone to first timers.

I figure you'll never change, even when you are actually trying to argue and "help" and not posting trannies.
proving my point: my suggestion was actually more useful to the OP than yours


alloyc wrote:is ther a way to make lower diffs even easier than they currently are? @diff 1 isnt easy enuf for me to avoid dying w/ a new char >.> i kno once u build up sum resists u start feelin invincible but ur kinda a glass cannon til then >.>; and noobs usually dont instantly kno exactly wat they need to get >.>
i tried making a noob w/o stuff from my other chars and some classes are naturally harder early on =.=;

make it so that u can go up OR down lvls in the training ground
so if ur ass gets kicked u'll b allowed to go bak a few
when ur starting off a lvl 5ish fire bolt destroys like half ur hp and ur broke and outta sp and u kinda just hav to accept that u shouldn b fighting elder willows if u wanna stay alive >.>
i made it to like lvl 4 of the training ground and wish i stayed in lvl 1 cuz im dyin so much Dx

the server is designed to be amazing for large groups of ppl
but it could b a lil friendlier on the solo side so teh noobs stay longer >.>

seee? he wants a game that is easier. he does not want to wait two years for skot to finally overhaul the game. he wants to play at a lower difficulty level. you can do that with bots. i think the problem is that you all went way off topic while i was talking about the here and now.
here and now: he can make the game easier by using bots
or he can read the documentation and at least have a starting point for making a build


and meanwhile you are talking about the far future (i doubt that he will stick around long enough for that anyhow) when skot finally has time to work on the server (fundamental game design), and which is outside the scope of this thread
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 10/10/2012, 03:06

Fruit Pie~ wrote:
EDIT : Also, your suggestion is "go bot or get out", which I'm sure is helping the newbie. Here's my suggestion to you - skip the bot part. Get out.
i think that i will stick around just to bother you

besides, download a bot, set up a priest: a few days later he has a heal/buff slave.
your suggestion: wait 2 years for skot to fix the game.
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Loki on 10/10/2012, 14:57

We've branched out far enough here. From what I can see, there's more debate going around instead of dishing out actual suggestions that Skot could use.

Vitriol wrote:
proving my point: my suggestion was actually more useful to the OP than yours


alloyc wrote:is ther a way to make lower diffs even easier than they currently are?

seee? he wants a game that is easier.

You're over exaggerating, he was merely suggesting a better/easier @diff system than the currently 'flawed' one(if you wanna make lower diffs easier than they currently are you might as well change the whole system). This whole topic started because it's hard level-ling at the Training Grounds. But I don't think the mob density is a problem with a such a low @diff. It's probably the mobs skills that are a bit OP for their level.
avatar
Loki

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 10/10/2012, 15:43

nope. he said that he wanted an easier game, and then suggested to make the diff easier.
and again, how useful is it to tell him that the entire system needs to be revamped? what will he even do with that information?
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 10/10/2012, 15:49

but it could b a lil friendlier on the solo side so teh noobs stay longer >.>
thats a pretty good reason to believe that he will be long gone by the time skot even starts working on the game mechanics
the most skot will do anytime soon is make the diff system easier, but the rest will have to wait obviously
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Loki on 10/10/2012, 16:55

Again, you're just making biased assumptions Vit. OP was asking for an easier mob at lower diffs and suggested ways to improve TG. Though it could be assume as an easier start to the game but that doesn't make the game any easier later on.
avatar
Loki

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Lothar Axe on 10/10/2012, 20:18

Vitriol wrote:
ca┬Ěprice (k-prs)
n.
1.
a. An impulsive change of mind.
b. An inclination to change one's mind impulsively.
c. A sudden, unpredictable action, change, or series of actions or changes


oookay. because my impulsive decisions have such a great impact on the server right?
Spoiler:
hint: the above statement is only true if i am skotlex
your statement implies that the server was somehow at the mercy of my caprice, which is not true.
and so the first part of my statement holds: the server is still up because somebody still wants to play.


"The server is still up because somebody still wants to play", that is right. But that isn't your answer.
These are your answers:

Vitriol wrote:thats a pretty good reason to believe that he will be long gone by the time skot even starts working on the game mechanics
Vitriol wrote:seee? he wants a game that is easier. he does not want
to wait two years for skot to finally overhaul the game. he wants to
play at a lower difficulty level. you can do that with bots. i think the
problem is that you all went way off topic while i was talking about
the here and now.
here and now: he can make the game easier by using bots



Here you contradict yourself by saying that the present is important, and considering your "answer" that this server is up for the players, you put the players from the present, from the here and now as unimportant. And you should know why:

alloyc wrote:u arent gunna invest heavily to gear up as a high priest when ur going
champ when ur poor o.0 and the majority of lvling i did when i was poor
was in server parties with 1 or 2 vets always carrying the entire party
>.> u shouldn need to rely on server parties tho
=/
alloyc wrote:if ur build works w/o any gear then i would say its a
good build >.> when im fully carded and 100+ on my linker and
other classes i do just fine but i shouldn b rushing to my ideal carded
equips the moment i start a new char =-=; that feels like cheatin

stacking ghost 2 or holy 2/3 right off the bat with a ton of neutral
resist etc =.=; evrythin gets easy once u kno wut 2 get but thats pro
world lol u shouldn hav to kno that kinda stuff at lvl 10 ._.;;

You dishonor that player, Alloyc's attempts to keep a fair playing experience, as this game should have, and as the player wish, with Botting suggestions.

This topic started by Alloyc himself, were made to discuss a revision over @diff and the training grounds, as the game felt too hard at the beginning. Doubting the relevance of the discussion, you answered this:

Vitriol wrote:even at diff 1?
ohohohohohoh very funny



Laughing at the situation presented by the player who was asking for help, the entire Thread was about you questioning the physical, mental and gaming competence of the player more than caring about his issues:

Vitriol wrote:your build must really, really suck
Either insulting him:

Vitriol wrote:btw, any single dps player who isnt retarded knows how to lure and kite without aggroing

And proving it and worse:

Vitriol wrote:is there a single person here whom i have not insulted?

Either trolling our fellow helpfull Veterans:
Vitriol wrote:baaaaawwwwww
baaaaaaaawwww


levelling a merchant is relatively harder than levelling a mage! baaaaaaaaaawwwwwww
baaaaaawwwww
baaaaaaaw

u ragequit!
i win!

Either suggesting the player to give up and leave this game:

Vitriol wrote:i suggest a support priest bot.
or you could just go play wow. much easier and more ppl to play with
Turning this forum useless.



Controversy rules over you glassy-dude. Again I must say... your answer is wrong.
You may think this server is made for players, and you may say that, but all your actions deny it.
Your answer only say that this server were made for a player... like you, or should I say: You.

Vitriol wrote:i have trouble understanding why someone would spend so much time at level 10
also, i have leveled all first classes in training ground past level 30 without 'pro world' gear

you
are
doing
something
wrong

Intolerance, incomprehension, complete deafness and stubbornness is all I see.
I suggest you for the sake of this Thread and for the sake of solving this problem to shut up and let the discussion over solving Alloyc's problems to be done.
avatar
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-08-25
Age : 25
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by alloyc on 10/10/2012, 23:04

for the record i hav a 150 soul linker who fights fine at 100diff mvp party runs with hp/sp regen gear+berserk =-=; i spam max dmg fine and usually hav a way of staying alive after evry1 is dead with high jump and insta resurrection >_> i would solo grab all the gallions on a map at 100diff and all ther minions and take all 1-200 monsters at once just fine and nvr had problems staying alive against the spam =.= im the reason skot made esma a single target skill agn instead of 3x3 aoe and why he lowered the mob density of maps so i would stop taking on 200+ monsters >_> so i at least kno how to play the game at max lvl >.> throwing all ur good gear on a noob char allowing minmax builds makes things easymode but it does not prove anything and new players wont hav that option =_= u cant do a minmax build without proper gear and u should not need to start off in this game with that level of skill right off the bat o_O

alloyc

Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-08-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 11/10/2012, 00:27

Loki wrote:Again, you're just making biased assumptions Vit. OP was asking for an easier mob at lower diffs and suggested ways to improve TG. Though it could be assume as an easier start to the game but that doesn't make the game any easier later on.
my assumptions may be biased, but they are also completely reasonable
skot is working on his thesis => he will not be able to make any overhauls to the gameplay anytime soon
its pretty damn obvious isnt it?
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 11/10/2012, 00:38

Lothar Axe wrote:
Vitriol wrote:
ca┬Ěprice (k-prs)
n.
1.
a. An impulsive change of mind.
b. An inclination to change one's mind impulsively.
c. A sudden, unpredictable action, change, or series of actions or changes


oookay. because my impulsive decisions have such a great impact on the server right?
Spoiler:
hint: the above statement is only true if i am skotlex
your statement implies that the server was somehow at the mercy of my caprice, which is not true.
and so the first part of my statement holds: the server is still up because somebody still wants to play.



"The server is still up because somebody still wants to play", that is right. But that isn't your answer.
These are your answers:

Vitriol wrote:thats a pretty good reason to believe that he will be long gone by the time skot even starts working on the game mechanics
Vitriol wrote:seee? he wants a game that is easier. he does not want
to wait two years for skot to finally overhaul the game. he wants to
play at a lower difficulty level. you can do that with bots. i think the
problem is that you all went way off topic while i was talking about
the here and now.

here and now: he can make the game easier by using bots



derp derp derp


are you somehow unaware of the fact that the answers that you quoted were in fact, my answers to different questions?
my answer to why the server is running was:
Vitriol wrote:yes it does. the implication is that skot put a lot of work into the server and it different from other servers, which is why he will keep it running as long as somebody wants to play.

derp


btw, i'm still lmaoing at the fact that you called me capricious and said that the server is not for my 'meaningles caprice.' as if it ever was. but i guess thats what happens when you give a child a dictionary. they just go crazy without considering the semantics or implication behind the statement.
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 11/10/2012, 00:49

Lothar Axe wrote:
Controversy rules over you glassy-dude. Again I must say... your answer is wrong.
You may think this server is made for players, and you may say that, but all your actions deny it.
Your answer only say that this server were made for a player... like you, or should I say: You.
i said that the server exists for the players. i never said that i exist for the players. where did you make that logical jump?
a conclusion drawn by contrasting my explanations of why the server exists against my personal actions is a logical fallacy.
i'm not the fucking living embodiment of mouro, am i? i can act however i want and it will not negate the validity of my statement.
but then again, its not like i expected more from you.
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Lothar Axe on 11/10/2012, 01:43

Vitriol wrote:
Lothar Axe wrote:
Controversy rules over you glassy-dude. Again I must say... your answer is wrong.
You may think this server is made for players, and you may say that, but all your actions deny it.
Your answer only say that this server were made for a player... like you, or should I say: You.
i said that the server exists for the players. i never said that i exist for the players. where did you make that logical jump?
a conclusion drawn by contrasting my explanations of why the server exists against my personal actions is a logical fallacy.
i'm not the fucking living embodiment of mouro, am i? i can act however i want and it will not negate the validity of my statement.
but then again, its not like i expected more from you.

Whoa whoa whoa, you exist for the players? You're doing just what you told me I did in your post. That doesn't makes sense at all.
Let's end this discussion as you can't understand what I say, at all. It's being a pain already. I don't care the shit you say, just fucking don't get in the way of fixing this game as you're doing. Is it better to understand now?
avatar
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275
Join date : 2012-08-25
Age : 25
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 11/10/2012, 02:02

Lothar Axe wrote:
Vitriol wrote:
Lothar Axe wrote:
Controversy rules over you glassy-dude. Again I must say... your answer is wrong.
You may think this server is made for players, and you may say that, but all your actions deny it.
Your answer only say that this server were made for a player... like you, or should I say: You.
i said that the server exists for the players. i never said that i exist for the players. where did you make that logical jump?
a conclusion drawn by contrasting my explanations of why the server exists against my personal actions is a logical fallacy.
i'm not the fucking living embodiment of mouro, am i? i can act however i want and it will not negate the validity of my statement.
but then again, its not like i expected more from you.

Whoa whoa whoa, you exist for the players? You're doing just what you told me I did in your post. That doesn't makes sense at all.
Let's end this discussion as you can't understand what I say, at all. It's being a pain already. I don't care the shit you say, just fucking don't get in the way of fixing this game as you're doing. Is it better to understand now?
nope. unlike you, everything i said was based on facts and inference from those facts.
i extracted the implication from this statement:
You may think this server is made for players, and you may say that, but all your actions deny it.
in the above statement, you equated my reason for why this server exists with my actions.
ie. if i state one reason (for the server existing), then all of my actions should correspond with that statement.
so when i said:


i said that the server exists for the players. i never said that i exist for the players.
i was criticizing your invalid logic. i can say that the server exists for one reason without actually embodying those same principles, and my statement (as to why the server exists) will remain valid.



but i digress, we should end this discussion as you are obviously incapable of making sound logical arguments.
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 11/10/2012, 02:08

how should you expect me to understand lunacy? you predicate your arguments on logical fallacies and misdirection.
ie. using a 'straw man' fallacy to replace my answers to one question, with my answers for another question (which are taken out of context and are not relevant to the first question)


heck, i'd have an easier time understanding what a dyslexic 5 year old child writes.
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Fruit Pie~ on 11/10/2012, 02:11

Well, you're the one suggesting "bot harder" as an actual thing in the server suggestions forum on a thread about changing the diff mechanics or fixing the newbie grounds.

I think I've said it before, but I'm not sure you're completely in touch with reality right here. You keep saying you're on topic and giving reasonable suggestions and replies, but you're not.

You've strayed off topic the moment you implied Alloy should shut up about server suggestions in a server suggestion forum because "SKOT IS NEVER GONNA APPLY IT GUYS" and mentioned your shitty band-aid solution to a problem in the server - again - in the server suggestion forums.

Really, it's good to see you're apparently trying not to do your crappy gimmick trolling act here, but I think that would be more on-topic here than - how did I call it again? - "go bot or get out".

EDIT : Also, you seem to be blind to the obvious fact that the documentation is arcane and useless, despite people posting snippets of it to prove that it's arcane and useless. If you can glean any helpful information from those pages other than a very general, superficial knowledge of things, let me tell you, you're not in the majority. I'd not be sure you, in fact, exist.

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 167
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 11/10/2012, 02:33

Fruit Pie~ wrote:Well, you're the one suggesting "bot harder" as an actual thing in the server suggestions forum on a thread about changing the diff mechanics or fixing the newbie grounds.

I think I've said it before, but I'm not sure you're completely in touch with reality right here. You keep saying you're on topic and giving reasonable suggestions and replies, but you're not.

You've strayed off topic the moment you implied Alloy should shut up about server suggestions in a server suggestion forum because "SKOT IS NEVER GONNA APPLY IT GUYS" and mentioned your shitty band-aid solution to a problem in the server - again - in the server suggestion forums.

Really, it's good to see you're apparently trying not to do your crappy gimmick trolling act here, but I think that would be more on-topic here than - how did I call it again? - "go bot or get out".

EDIT : Also, you seem to be blind to the obvious fact that the documentation is arcane and useless, despite people posting snippets of it to prove that it's arcane and useless. If you can glean any helpful information from those pages other than a very general, superficial knowledge of things, let me tell you, you're not in the majority. I'd not be sure you, in fact, exist.
where did i ever say that? all i ever said is that realistically, skot will not overhaul the game mechanics anytime soon. this topic has been around for a month and he hasnt even done anything with the diff.
realistically: if he wants an easier game anytime soon, skot will not do it for him.
the only thing that he can actually do (besides waiting) is fix his build
that is what i have said. you obviously either misunderstood or are putting words into my mouth. i did not state or imply that he should not make suggestions on the forum
and yes, it is a band aid solution because realistically skot will not fix the server anytime soon.
so this applies to you more than i:
I'm not sure you're completely in touch with reality right here
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 11/10/2012, 02:38

Fruit Pie~ wrote:
EDIT : Also, you seem to be blind to the obvious fact that the documentation is arcane and useless, despite people posting snippets of it to prove that it's arcane and useless. If you can glean any helpful information from those pages other than a very general, superficial knowledge of things, let me tell you, you're not in the majority. I'd not be sure you, in fact, exist.
again, you are out of touch with reality. the next newb who comes along will not find out about @options unless
1. he reads the documentation or forums
2. somebody tutors him ingame


sure, in your fantasy future mouro will be completely intuitive and nobody will have to read documentation. but currently, mouro is not intuitive, and i doubt that you will be going ingame to tutor him.


besides, the benefit of @option outweighs the inaccurate info. its better to have a manual that tells 50% truth and provides you with the tools to test those claims, than to have no information at all. so the documentation is not useless
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 11/10/2012, 02:53

Fruit Pie~ wrote:
Really, it's good to see you're apparently trying not to do your crappy gimmick trolling act here, but I think that would be more on-topic here than - how did I call it again? - "go bot or get out".
its not a gimmick, honey


its a way of life
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Fruit Pie~ on 11/10/2012, 02:54

You told him to fix his build, but didn't provide any meaningful help with that (which Tofu actually sort of did - you pretty much told him "fuck off and l2p").

You also told him to bot because you love that dumb band-aid solution to the server's PVE problems, despite the fact it doesn't fix anything and is out of place in this specific thread.

Also, the manual tells you about @option in like one or two lines and @info once in that same hidden page as "DMR". Those two commands (much like the manual) also don't tell you anything about actual in-game things like the aforementioned DMR or which skill is magic/physical/hybrid, so you're still left dumbfounded as your percentages increase (or sometimes decrease) seemingly at random or things have no effect when they should have or that the manual has conflicting information.

Mou has a serious lack of documentation and anyone who has ever read the site and played the game at any point in their lives knows that. If the site had great info, sure, I'd agree that everyone should read it before playing. If the information was available in-game and in clear terms, that'd be even better!

Hell, give me the info, I'll gladly write a detailed guide on it or make a wiki or whatever - this situation does not exist due to lack of help. In fact, some of the website was actually written by the old forums people (also this is a good time to mention you nuked the old forums), including the exceptionally well-hidden newbie grounds info page.

And about that implication he should shut up about server suggestions in the server suggestion forum, let's see!
realistically: if he wants an easier game anytime soon, skot will not do it for him.
skot is working on his thesis => he will not be able to make any overhauls to the gameplay anytime soon its pretty damn obvious isnt it?
thats a pretty good reason to believe that he will be long gone by the time skot even starts working on the game mechanics
and again, how useful is it to tell him that the entire system needs to be revamped? what will he even do with that information?
and meanwhile you are talking about the far future (i doubt that he will stick around long enough for that anyhow) when skot finally has time to work on the server (fundamental game design), and which is outside the scope of this thread
all of your suggestions have been made repeatedly over the past year, and no changes have been made. so you can continue making the same suggestions, but they are not very useful to newbs unless somebody actually implements these suggestions.
In sum, the entire last half of your posts that weren't insults were you telling us we should stop making suggestions because, paraphrasing your eloquent posting : "DURR GUYS SKOT NO MAKE CHANGE".

Fruit Pie~

Female Posts : 167
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Vitriol on 11/10/2012, 02:58

you do not need to know formulas for dmr. you just need @option to track the changes
avatar
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651
Join date : 2012-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding @diff, casualness, documentation, etc...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum