Post by alloyc on 30/8/2012, 05:02

Crazy Suggestions Goes Here =D
anythin too crazy to for general suggestions gets dumped here i guess

lol imma create it just cuz i can =-=;

so my crazy suggestion is
scrap the ro world and...
create a mini island =D!
have like only 1 or 2 maps of evry region since we nvr use em
and make the ro folder smaller =/ a ro folder of only 500mb or sumthin would b awesome
something we could just download and have it instantly work
something that doesnt need to be updated >.> we nvr used updates on this server since u always did ur own updates
the ro window opening as a rectangle slit kinda sux =.=;

crazy suggestion 2 ->
make the exp/drop rates a lot lower but hav like 10x the spawn rate on all the maps =D

crazy suggestion 3 ->
permadeath =D like increased rates in exchange for deleted char upon death(like 5 sec window to revive? or not)
or sumthin or insta 1/1 job change to any job/3rd job o.o in exchange for permadeath xD

alloyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crazy Suggestions

Post by to3phu on 30/8/2012, 05:04

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LANCER CLASSES FOR EVERYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

I wonder, if super novice can promote to free lancer and get 2nd job skills~
to3phu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 30/8/2012, 08:43

I like number 2 Razz

However, raising too much spawn numbers breaks class balance since some classes are naturally better at handing AoE than others (thus those become privileged if the number of monsters increases).
Skotlex
Admin

Male Posts : 396

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alloyc on 30/8/2012, 11:20

they'll be the tanks? hehehe.... most classes that r able to mob cant handle 30 monsters targetting them so it'll actually be harder for them if they draw unnecessary aggro? it seemed like a way for people to get more out of playing at lower diffs since u need to outclass the mob a good amount to be mobbing em, and the higher diffs would be many times harder too >.>

being able to drop like 80% of the maps to decrease the ro folder size and have the remaining 1 or 2 maps from each region(for eyecandy) linked together would make the ro world more connected and u could jump from grass fields to desert to snow and not rely on the teleporter as much >.>
that and dl'in ro takes forever.. and then thers updating... if we could just cut ourselves off from the updates and hav the bgm as a seperate download excluded from the main file(273mb), that leaves dll files(10mb) and the grf files(like 1.8gb which is everything else) so wateva we can take away from the datagrf is going to determine most of the dl size 0.0

i kinda just wanna c how permadeath for fun >.>

alloyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 30/8/2012, 12:12

Most of the games are pretty big nowadays anyway. 1.7GB for the data.grf is not really that large in comparison.

And I doubt the size is due to maps, it's probably most likely sprites (animations and items) + sounds, you can't really remove those xP
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alloyc on 30/8/2012, 13:30

the gnd rsw and gat map files account for 3.5gb of 5.7gb extracted =[..
the bottom 1k of the 2k files only uses up 400mb >.<!!! uncompressed of course
we could make this thing like 600mb using pre renewal files if it used to b 1gb D=! if we got a 2005 datagrf we could do amazing things 0.0
all we rly need r like 10-20 of the smallest maps of the nice areas =[
if thers superinsane spawns u dont need to mob a big map D=
and most item pics r useless o_O only sprite gear rly needs pics >.<
potion items only need descriptive text >.>

alloyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 30/8/2012, 13:47

I see... but i am pretty sure if we start removing all those images, there will be even less reason to play. Why make an old game seem even older? XD
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alloyc on 30/8/2012, 20:57

Im sure uve noticed o.o, but sumthin abt the core of this game just feels more advanced than evry other game, the same way maplestory does =/, the earlier maps just have this polished look to them 0.0 the 3d systen this game used to make maps is downright horrible but the early developers had a way of doing mor with less, u notice a good amount of the later maps have a sort of blocky feel to them, when I tried playing lotro the 3d system just feels so clunky =[ the monster collision and animations feel so stiff and out of place, yet that is supposedly one of the best mmos out ther =/ almost all the swords hav a generic weapon sprite, if we replaced the image in the description with a ,generic sword too it wouldn make too much of a differencr -.-

alloyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alloyc on 30/8/2012, 21:16

ohhhh I knooo u can create a mini grf for a mini island tied to the tutorial island! Or just for the tutorial island =D
Like a bare minimum grf u can download first to get into the game quickly or like a demo grf for ppl who dont hav the full client fully updated yet >_>, and u can download the fullsize thing while ur playing =D
That way all u rly need is 10 or so maps with 10 or so "normal" custom mobs that only drop like 3 things each and all drop only novice potions or sumthin and any old players that wanna warp ther hav to hav 0 weight(evrythin unequipped and stored) and delvld to 1 so thry dont error em o.o

Edit: temp delvld to 1 and temp reverted to 1st job? If possible o.o
Edit2: lower diffs force higher spawn and higher diffs force lower spawn? 0.0

alloyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 31/8/2012, 08:38

Hmmm... I am not sure that'd work well. Having a small installer to just test the game? o.O

Anyway, is it really hard to get the game installed nowadays? 2GB is pretty much nothing when you consider the amount of media people consume (what with youtube and anime streaming).

If anything, I should fix the server so we can use a newer client and make it easier for people to install/update and play >.< Gah, it would help if the client would WORK on my machine Wah
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alloyc on 31/8/2012, 11:20

try this http : // goo . gl/HfEbw its only 10mb and all u need r the grf files and optional bgm files =/ the stupid updates make it impossible for me 2 change my warm wind lvl so im stuck w/ lvl 7 tho and i h8 not being able to scroll thru my skill window descriptions but i nvr understood the purpose of installers =/

a barebones grf to get things up def speeds things up tho >.>

edit: the old bdata linked in the bug section of the forum fixed the skill lvl changing issue =D

alloyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 3/9/2012, 10:59

Change Musical Lessons to show a list of the Bard Songs to be played when used, and on that list you choose wich song you wanna play, so you don`t have to put every single song in hotkeys, except for the ones you use more. (Since it's still faster).
And I'm not saying to remove the passive effects, but just add that active.
Lothar Axe

Male Posts : 275

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 4/9/2012, 09:23

Eh.... but if Musical Lesson is a self skill, you can't select the skill level after using it neither. And if it is a targeted skill... you'd have to memorize which level stands for which song. Hmm, it doesn't seem all that intuitive. And with three skill bars, is it really not good enough? I thought the client and its hotkey system really let you get access to all your hotkey bars easily.
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alloyc on 4/9/2012, 09:57

have all skill prereqs based on stat points instead =D
and have each skill lvl require increasing stat point reqs to utilize full power of each skill lvl xD

alloyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 4/9/2012, 13:48

@Skotlex
I didn't knew it was so complex... well, actually I don't think people care to choose song's lvls. I at least always use the last lvl for them, it doesn't makes sense to lower it... only if you're lacking serious mana and seriously need an effect, but I can't imagine such situation. Actually thinking better I always wondered why bards could choose their songs' lvls.

The skill bars are enough (and there are four of them), but I'm just lazy to search for the right icon on them and strech my finger to tap it. Also, I barelly can record where each song is since there are too many (I usually play with the bars hidden).
So, I remembered that Menu that Sages get for that auto-cast skill and came up with an idea to give bards something similar (but instead of autocast, it uses the skill right away). But if it's laborous just forget it, it's more about aesthetics and simplicity. It also remembers me about the thing you did to Soul Linkers. Turning all links into a single skill was so awesome that seriously, it's a charm of the class in MouRO.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squishyyy on 4/9/2012, 14:40

if you're talking about autospell...anything like that is pretty laborous, but i mean I could take a crack at it if skot isn't willing and then skot could MAYBE patch it in his code.

[EDIT] reread whole thread I think I understand what the suggestion is: you want to not have to hotkey bragi, apple and all the other skills and just have 1 skill (music lessons) choose from a list which skill you want to use. It's doable, but understand the implementation would be similar to autospell and that's the only implementation I could see feasible. It would also slow you as a player down having to pull up a menu while fighting. Lastly, it involves clif.c one of my nemesi~

Squishyyy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 4/9/2012, 15:35

@Squishyyy
You're right, that's what I'm suggesting.

Since it's an optional feature there's no need to fear how slow bards will get since you still can use the skills manually, anyway, if applied I would gladly use it, since I don't play Bards by switching songs fast to stack bonuses, and sometimes I don't even use songs (that's because it's a pain to choose/find them). With that thing applied I'm certain I would use songs more often.
Seriously, Bard songs and skills can fill up all 4 bars, it's scary and terrible to use. Just imagining that thing cleaned into a single Green Lute Icon is an invigorating feeling.
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by to3phu on 4/9/2012, 15:54

alloyc wrote:have all skill prereqs based on stat points instead =D
and have each skill lvl require increasing stat point reqs to utilize full power of each skill lvl xD

no
to3phu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol on 4/9/2012, 23:21

stop this fucking shit!

Last edited by Skotlex on 6/9/2012, 12:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ew, no gory stuff, please.)
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 5/9/2012, 00:21

Stop what?
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on 5/9/2012, 08:40

Ask god to give Skot all the money in the world so he could build his own game company with us as beta-testers (paid).
Loki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skotlex on 5/9/2012, 10:05

:V there are people and companies out there who are already dedicating themselves to making good games, why should it be me? I am not even that imaginative or different. I just didn't like the default RO mechanics :B

Also, using an auto-spell menu is doable, but SLOW... specially during a fight. Not to mention, bards/dancers don't have that many skills outside of dances, they'd probably be using a single bar if that.

But you know what? I can agree with using singing/dancing lessons as an auto-cast for getting a menu which lets you pick the song you want to use. It'd be damn slow, and you'll end up reverting back to using the hotkeys, but it's doable.

I am just afraid that after a while, people willjust go back to picking a few important songs and placing them in their hotkey xP
Skotlex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Squishyyy on 5/9/2012, 13:10

@Skot can you remove that image vit put...and put a report button somewhere...

@ontopic
yea well it's what they suggested just try it. You can always untry it, right?

Squishyyy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lothar Axe on 5/9/2012, 14:26

Skotlex wrote::V there are people and companies out there who are
already dedicating themselves to making good games, why should it be me?
I am not even that imaginative or different.

Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy!

Skotlex wrote::I am just afraid that after a while, people willjust
go back to picking a few important songs and placing them in their
hotkey xP

I'm sure it will happen... but having such feature as an option sure is awesome and might ease bard/dancer playing hardships, and I'm sure that by having all songs in a single hotkey people will try the "other songs" more often, since they will be right below your fingers and not faaaaaaar awaaaaaaaaaaay and noooowheeere to be fiiiiiind~ (I don't think this song exists).

We must remember also that it will get slow only when choosing different songs. Because if you wanna keep playing again the same song, just use encore, fast, simple, and less costy.

Ahem! Anyways, I will use it forevah if applied!

Last edited by Lothar Axe on 5/9/2012, 19:17; edited 1 time in total
Lothar Axe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitriol on 5/9/2012, 15:27

Squishyyy wrote:@Skot can you remove that image vit put...and put a report button somewhere...<br /><br />@ontopic<br />yea well it's what they suggested just try it. You can always untry it, right?
hehehe
i would love to have a report button >: D

Spoiler:
idiot
Vitriol

Male Posts : 651

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down